How I First Started

I first heard about the word "Minimalism" is through a writer named, Joshua Becker. After which I created a playlist named "Become Minimalist in Singapore" in my YouTube Channel.

And during that point of time, what attracts me to find out more about minimalism is this phrase called "Less is More".

So how could you achieve more when you have less?

Well, it may sounds ironic and abstract if you don't really get it at the first time.

Ultimately, we are "conditioned" to believe that having more is equate to happiness since young.

More toys, more dresses, more shoes etc. Anything that you can name it.

However, ever since young as I grew up in a lower middle income family, though I have not much stuffs but I was really living a happy life. I enjoyed playing catching with my friends; playing marbles with my cousins etc.

All these don't require much stuffs!

Life was simple, we were happy even without much stuffs back then.

As I grew up and started to have the ability to make money through my job, I started to buy more things. Thinking that I would be happier if I buy more.

I was wrong! All those stuffs took my time away!

I constantly thinking of where to keep all those stuffs and how to maintain them (clean it, wash it or service it etc).

My belief for minimalism became stronger when my kids were born. They remind me that we came to this world empty-handed and one day when its the time for us to "go back", we will return "home"empty-handed too.

Now, I have more time to share my journey to the less through this blog because as the day goes by, I will be decluttered away stuffs that rob away my time and focus on what truly matters.

How about you? Have you onboard this journey yet?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life As A Minimalist After One Year

Let It Go!

Why Most Choose To Be A Hoarder?