One Less Credit Card

Over all these while, after I  started my journey towards having less stuffs, whenever I got the chance to having less stuffs necessarily, I would enjoy more joy than having more.

Few weeks ago, I called OCBC Bank to waive off my annual fee for my credit card (a card which I use frequently for grocery at NTUC). However, after 1 week of auto application through phone, they rejected me.

After another week of appeal which was advised by the customer service executive, they rejected me again.

As I was very curious because usually bank would try their means to retain every customers they acquired. Therefore, I asked them "why do you reject my appeal?"

"Because you spent less than $2500 per year!" the customer service officer told me.

"I'm a minimalist!" I told her.

Definitely she don't understand what I'm talking about. However, at the back of my mind I was thinking "here come the chance to own less, hehe :)"

Therefore, today I went down to one of their OCBC branches and terminated my OCBC Plus Visa Credit Card.


Finally! Not only I saved $107 in annual fee, I now also have one less credit card in my wallet.

How about you? How many credit cards do you have? Do you use all of them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life As A Minimalist After One Year

Let It Go!

Why Most Choose To Be A Hoarder?