Momentum

Recently, I feel that I'm gaining momentum in my journey to the less

To my surprise, my sister started to get the idea of minimalism and began to embark on this journey too. Initially she was kinda afraid to let it go.

Of cos, I will help her pertaining to any question she has for minimalism. Ultimately she is my sister and me, as a brother I want her to be as happy as possible.

I also urge her once she has discarded most of her stuffs, slowly she will see a lot of space being freed up and slowly she will feels more relieved and calm, especially she is working in a fast pace and stressful environment.

So what to do next? 

First thing first, do not fill up the void. Do not let the empty space scared you. Leave it as it is. Then as you have much lesser stuffs now, you will soon become very focus.

Now you might be curious and ask "why is that so?"

The reason is because, many of us are being distracted by all these meaningless things surrounding us. Once its gone (like the haze after a heavy rainfall), you will start to realise what you truly love and what you need to focus on in order to achieve your long term goal.

If you haven't found it yet, allows me to give you some ideas:
  • Clear your mortgage in 10-20 years time
  • Save up a specific amount ($1 million) in 10-30 years time for retirement
  • Buy another property in the location you like in 10-20 years time
or it can be something non financial related like:
  • Stay strong and fit when you hit 60s and beyond
  • Helping others in needs to whoever you want with the capabilities you have built up over the years
  • Create something to make lives better for others etc

Always remember, your short term action has to be aligned with your long term goal.

The starting journey for minimalism is never easy, take a baby step at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let It Go!

Life As A Minimalist After One Year

Why Most Choose To Be A Hoarder?