No Clock, No Battery

no clock, therefore no battery required

Do you need battery for your clock?


Few days ago, my wife and I went to shopping at Outram Park. We were shopping for items that we truly need.

As our mattress sheet were a bit torn, we decided to get 2 of them.

At that moment, my wife remembered that our clock has stopped working and probably need a battery (C size). Therefore, we get a pair of them which cost us $1.50

After we reached home, my wife immediately went and change the clock's battery.

After a while, I saw some frustration look on her face.

"What's the matter? You need my help? I asked.

"The clock is not working, can you please help me check is the clock spoilt? she said annoyingly.

I took over the clock and placed the battery in the correct order (+ to + and - to -), pushed it all the way in and yet the clock was not ticking. Then I gave some hard knock trying to revive it.

After I while, I told her "I pronounced this clock officially dead!"

if you don't need a clock, you don't need battery

"What?!!! It was still working fine few weeks ago! I thought that it stopped moving because the battery was dead! We have just wasted $1.50 for the battery!" She replied with some disappointment.

"It's ok sweetie, come to think of it, I don't think we need a clock anyway. We already have a smartphone that comes with alarm function. Moreover, if we can do without a clock, we no longer need to replace battery anymore in the future. We can give the battery to your dad, probably he will needs it for his clock." I told her delightfully (haha, another item lesser, thinking to myself)

"What you said are correct also, come to think of it, I don't really need it anymore. Nowadays, I have been using my smartphone as an alarm." She replied with some enlightenment.

Do you guys still use clock as an alarm? Do you find it extra as we now able to supplement it with smartphone?

Well, focus on less for more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life As A Minimalist After One Year

Let It Go!

Why Most Choose To Be A Hoarder?